Units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, the City of Alexandria Fire Department and the City of Fairfax Fire Department were dispatched for a building fire in the 7800 block of Heritage Drive in the Annandale area of Fairfax County. Units arrived to a single-story, strip shopping center with no smoke or fire visible. Upon looking through the glass door of the store, thick black smoke was noted with the door being warm to the touch. Crews made entry and quickly extinguished the fire, which was contained to the store, though there were smoke conditions in adjoining stores. The owner was alerted to the fire through his security alarm system, and used his cellphone to access the security camera and discovered  the fire. The security monitoring company reported the fire. Investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature and started on the sales floor. The fire was caused by an electrical event in a power strip.

– Photo courtesy of Faifax Fire Rescue & Xavier Halloun