On October 14, 2023, the River Edge Fire Department was dispatched to Club Pilates on Main Street for an odor of smoke. On arrival, companies reported a heavy burning electrical odor in several stores. Mutual aid was requested to assist. A positive water supply was established and a precautionary attack line was stretched as River Edge Ladder 1 and Oradell Tower 21 laddered the building and the complex was evacuated. The cause of the smoke was determined to be a malfunctioning HVAC unit on the roof, which was shut down.

– Fire News photos by Pete Danzo