A homeowner and two firefighters suffered minor injuries when a blaze broke out at a Della Street home in McCoole, stated the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal. The 1315 fire was ruled accidental and started in a rear unfinished bedroom when vapors from spray foam insulation ignited. The fire caused about $200,000 damage to the two-story structure and adjacent vacant residence. The Potomac Fire Company of Westernport led the firefighting effort, which also brought crews from Mineral and Garrett counties to the scene. The injured firefighters were treated by medical personnel at the scene and there was no word on the homeowner’s condition. The family was assisted by the American Red Cross and a Go Fund Me account is accepting donations for the family.

– Photo courtesy of the Shaft Volunteer Fire Department