The Kings Park Fire Department responded to a fire in a laundromat on Main Street in Kings Park on February 17, 2018. Upon arrival of firefighters, an active fire was discovered in a dryer with extension to the wall and ceiling. A heavy smoke condition was present throughout the building and adjoining business, a dog groomer, which had to be evacuated. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and vented the smoke from the building. The Smithtown Fire Marshal and Suffolk Police were investigating.
– Fire News photos by Joseph C. Sperber