Little Fork Fire Rescue was dispatched for a reported brush fire off of Myers Mill Road. Volunteers arrived to find a small brush fire, which also involved some tires and other debris. A containment line was quickly established. Due to a drought, firefighters extinguished all burning material, but soon discovered that fire had extended to the top of two entangled 30-foot-tall trees. They requested assistance from the Virginia Department of Forestry, who arrived and cut down the two trees, which were then completely extinguished. It is that time of year again. We ran a chimney fire the night before and this fire was started by dumping fireplace ashes near leaves. Please have your chimney cleaned and be careful where you place your ashes!

– Photos courtesy of Little Fork FR