On November 12, 2016, the Latham and Maplewood Fire Departments were called to a shed fire in the backyard of a residence. Firefighters were met with a shed fully involved. Within minutes the crews were able to subdue the flames saving the adjacent fence and neighboring shrubbery from damage. The fire was caused by an outdoor fire pit that had been placed in the newly erected shed three days prior. The residence was saved and only received minor melting of the siding.

– Fire News photos by Lori Washburn