A construction worker was airlifted to an area hospital after being electrocuted three stories above the ground outside a village business. It happened while crews were working on the old opera house on Second Street in the Village of Athens. The man, reported to be in his 20s, made contact with some wires, knocking him unconscious. Two other workers were able to grab onto the man and pull him into the building through a third-floor window. It was unclear whether the man was wearing a harness. Catskill Ambulance and Greene County EMS responded to the scene along with police. The Athens Volunteer Fire Department was requested to set up an LZ and to assist in carrying the man down from the third floor due to heavy interior construction. The man reportedly sustained serious burns and was flown by LifeNet helicopter to Westchester Medical Center.

– Fire News photos by John C. Miller