Members of the East Hampton Fire Department were called to Pantigo Road for a report of smoke in the basement. The first responding chiefs discovered a fire in the floor below a fireplace. Mutual aid was provided by the RIT team from Amagansett, while a ladder company from Sag Harbor stood by. Due to extension up through the walls and to a high cathedral ceiling, it took several hours for all pockets of fire to be extinguished. East Hampton Town Fire Marshals were on scene to determine the fire’s cause and origin. 

– Fire News photos by Michael Heller