At approximately 0200 on August 8, 2023, the Lake George Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire on Mill Road behind the Lyn Aire Motel on Route 9. First companies on scene found a single-story home heavily involved. The homeowner made it out of the home to safety, but not before desperately trying to rescue his beloved dog “Buckaroo.” It was reported that a large propane blast forced the homeowner to end his search due to dramatically deteriorating conditions inside the home. Several local fire departments responded on mutual aid: Central, West Glens Falls, Pilot Knob, Chestertown, South Queensbury and Corinth. The fire was under investigation but believed to be accidental.

– Fire News photos by FireGroundImages.com