Around 1005, Taftville (CT) fire was dispatched to South B Street for a reported church fire. Car 2 arrived to find fire showing from the B-D side of the building. A second alarm was requested. The first-due engine stretched a 2-1/2 inch landline into the main chapel area, and a second line was stretched to the basement area for a minor extension. As the extra alarm companies arrived crews went to work in the church and, after a short time, command decided to switch to defensive operations due to the fire above the decorative ceiling area. Once that was knocked down, crews re-entered the building for overhaul. The fire was confined to the chapel area; the rest of the building had smoke and water damage. The fire eventually went to three alarms and was under investigation.

– Fire News photo by Robert Ladd CFPA