On December 9, 2016, firefighters from the Bridgehampton Fire Department were dispatched to Town Line Road in Sagaponack, for a report of a residential fire in a small wood-frame summer residence. Upon arrival, chiefs immediately called for mutual aid from East Hampton, Sag Harbor and North Sea. As the building was already mostly destroyed, the main body of work was extinguishing the remaining flames and mitigating a propane leak from a large, above-ground propane storage tank whose relief valve, while having worked properly, remained frozen in an open position. There were no incidents or injuries, and a member of the Southampton Town Fire Marshal’s office was on scene to determine the fire’s cause and origin.
– Fire News photos by Michael Heller