Blue Rock Fire Rescue was dispatched on October 19, 2017, for a dwelling fire on Bermuda Road in Manor Township. First arriving units reported heavy fire through the roof. One of the residents had discovered the fire after returning home. EMS personnel carried two dogs to safety. No one was injured, but eight residents — six adults and two children — were left homeless. A state police fire marshal determined the fire was accidental and caused by discarded cigarettes. Damage was estimated at $100,000. Crews from Roherstown, Mountville, Lancaster Township and Manheim Township Fire Rescue assisted.
– Fire News photos by Greg Leaman