Crews responded to a fire in Fitchburg (MA) on Hughland Avenue. Crews arrived to heavy fire and smoke from the front of the building but were able to make a fast knock on the flames and get inside and extinguish the fire. Two men were found unresponsive and removed from the building about 15 minutes in. The two, later found to be 61 and 50-year old brothers, were transported to Leominster Health Alliance where they were pronounced. Leominster Fire assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was determined to have been an overloaded power strip with a space heater plugged into it.                                        

– Fire News photo by Scott LaPrade