On February 16, 2015, a two-alarm fire tore through Patricia’s Antiques and Collectibles, on Main Street in Conestoga Township. Heavy fire was reported extending from the first floor to the second and an evacuation tone was sent out ordering all firefighters inside the structure to leave. Salt trucks were called to the scene to deal with ice formed by water run-off, as temperatures dropped to about 12 degrees in the evening. The fire started when a heat gun was left unattended for “several minutes,” said Conestoga Fire Company assistant chief Paul Thomas. The heat gun was being used to thaw a frozen pipe. Apparatus from 13 different companies responded to the scene, including 10 water tankers, along with two medical units.

– Fire News photos by Greg Leaman, LTFD and Jason Coleman-Cobb